Saturday, April 23, 2011

City of Least Resistance?

I don't make it much of a secret that I'm on the fence about Los Angeles.  At different times I've complained ad nauseum about how many people there are, how much driving is involved, air quality, etc.  But I've been thinking about what it might be that really bothers me about this place, and I think I've come to a conclusion: Los Angeles  may very well be the City of Least Resistance.
Even as I wrote the above complaints, the biggest compliment I usually deliver to LA is that it's comfortable.  But that's damning with faint praise, as it's that very comfortability that I've come at odds with.  But what do I mean by this? I'm heading out the door to some harmless but not enriching activities, so I must continue later

No comments:

Post a Comment